The objective of the Georgetown University Social Media Working Group (SMWG) is to elevate the university’s social media presence to a best-in-class performance. The SMWG facilitates community amongst the members by increasing industry knowledge, awareness and best practices for those who manage and maintain social media channels under the Georgetown brand. The Social Media Working Group provides a forum for stakeholders to:
- Disseminate official messaging from the Office of Strategic Communications (OCOMM) promoting university-wide issues and initiatives;
- Create and improve social media campaigns with stakeholders across campus;
- Share social media training materials and resources in a central location;
- Learn about social media best practices in content and community management from industry leaders through guest speakers and internal subject matter experts;
- Stay informed on important changes and updates occurring in the social media landscape; and
- Share social media case studies with peer communicators at Georgetown.
Membership is required for any Georgetown employees who directly manage registered social media accounts on behalf of a campus entity. Additional campus communicators who influence or create content strategy related to social media campaigns are strongly encouraged to join. Email email@example.com to be added to the SMWG list.