Social Media Working Group
The objective of the Georgetown University Social Media Working Group is to elevate the University’s social media presence to a best-in-class performance. The group is designed to facilitate community amongst the members increasing knowledge, awareness, and best practices in social media at Georgetown. The Social Media Working Group will provide a forum for stakeholders to:
- Learn about social media best practices in content and community management from industry leaders through guest speakers and internal subject matter experts.
- Stay informed on important changes and updates occurring in the social media landscape.
- Share case studies with peer communicators at Georgetown.
- Disseminate official messaging from the Office of Strategic Communications promoting university-wide issues and initiatives.
- Create and improve social media campaigns with stakeholders across campus.
- Share social media training materials and resources in a central location.
Membership is required for any Georgetown employees who directly manage registered social media accounts on behalf of a campus entity. Additional campus communicators who influence or create content strategy related to social media campaigns are also invited to join.